Caring for your vehicle branding
Whether you have decided on a vehicle wrap or vehicle graphics, caring for this important advertising investment is important to prolong the life of your vehicle branding and ensure that it continually serves as professional mobile branding for your business. Follow these 10 tips and guidelines for the optimal care of this important investment for your business:
- Your first step should always be to rinse the vehicle with clean water only, to lift all dirt that could possibly scratch your vehicle branding.
- The best way to clean a vehicle wrap is by hand with a dedicated carwash product or mild detergent, water and a soft cloth. This will limit scratches and/or tears in your branding. If you are using a detergent, ensure that the pH balance is between 3 and 11 and free of strong solvents and alcohols.
- Always start the rinsing or cleaning process from the top of the vehicle and work your way vertically down.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water after washing.
- Allow the water to dry naturally or dry gently with a chamois or soft towel, exercising caution to not lift film edges during drying.
- If your only alternative is a pressure washer, ensure pressure remains below 1200 psi, temperature below 80 degrees C, nozzle at least 12 inches from the vehicle surface and always perpendicular to the graphics.
- Try to avoid commercial carwashes, unless it is a spray only carwash. Automated brush washes are to be avoided as the brushes may damage a vehicle wrap or graphics.
- Avoid waxes that contain petroleum distillate, as these can damage the wrap.
- Do not wax graphics or vehicle wraps produced with matte films.
- Never clean your vehicle in direct sunlight, but rather in a shaded area. This will avoid streaks.
Unit 66 Studio Park
5 Concourse Crescent, Lonehill
Johannesburg, South Africa 2062
012 285 0412