BE YOUR OWN BOSS
5 Vital attributes you need to be a successful Signarama franchisee
What does it take to succeed as an entrepreneur in the franchising business? Besides grit and determination, there are 5 vital skills we have identified that set the successful franchisees apart from the rest.
- Strong people skills The most successful franchise owners have strong communication skills that normally extend to strong people skills. These people are easy to approach and interact easily with both their employees and client base. These skills, when used properly, build trust, loyalty and add value to the great customer service one would expect from a successful entrepreneur. These skills should be imparted with all employees as great customer service goes a long way in returning business and referrals.
- Hard worker Good things come to those who work hard. The willingness and determination to be successful is one of the most important attributes of a successful business owner. Long hours, multi-tasking and taking on more than their fair share without complaining puts this person at the top of their game.
- Teachable Belonging to a franchise means that a network of knowledgeable people is at your disposal. Taking the guidance and recommendations they impart, and implementing them is crucial to success, as they know what it takes to make or break a franchise. This coachability attribute is extremely important to flourishing stores.
- Acceptance of models that work There is no need to reinvent the wheel when taking control of a franchise store. Accepting models that are proven to work and continuing with that model is a good way to excel in the franchising business. Stick to methods that work and continue to build on that foundation.
- Cautious Risk takers are often thought to be disruptors and while this may be true in certain situations, in franchising taking massive risks rarely pay off. Franchisees that want to succeed will avoid big risks as much as possible. Minimising risks in a controlled environment is an easy way to success.
SIGNARAMA SOUTHERN AFRICA
Unit 66 Studio Park
5 Concourse Crescent, Lonehill
Johannesburg, South Africa 2062
012 285 0412